These filters have a NSF certification. This is important because there are
over 500 water filters on the market with dubious claims. An NSF
certification pretty much guarantees that the manufacturer's claim is
correct. However, there may be some filters without an NSF certification
that are very effective. These manufacturers probably did not want to spend
the money to get the certification. In these cases one definitely need to
ask for data that certify their claim.