To be straight with you, if the thyroid is not producing there are no supplements that work except dessicated thyroid. Long term, iodine will help it work better but for immediate results you need to replace what the thyroid is not making. Get the dessicated thyroid, follow up with iodine and use supplements third. This way the body gets what it needs while you work on getting the thyroid going again, which takes a long time. No need to be suffering while you are working on getting your body working right again. Increase the dessicated thyroid meds about every two weeks till body temps are normal. Down the road you may have to reduce the ndt as the thyroid gets healthy and you will know that by high temps.

Most endos don't even take your temperature and don't know there is a correlation between temps and how well your thyroid is working. And most have no clue how to use the natural meds, going instead for the synthetic ones which are useless. Don't let them steer you that way, it will be a mistake.

Cyndi