DMSO is a superior penetrant... it can carry things with it thru the skin.
There are lots of sources, some purer than
others, but the one I use all the time, even to ingest it (diluted with
distilled water) is from dmso.bz.  It is pharma grade
 .. 70/30% (70% dmso/30% distilled water) and with a touch of honey added
(helps with the odor).  You rarely ever use
DMSO 'straight'... undiluted.  Always dilute it with distilled water.
Diluting it with CS is also okay.  Lola H.