Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 22:51:59 -0400
Subject: Re: CS>CS and constipation
From: phoenix23...@tds.net
To: silver-list@eskimo.com

A common side effect of a course of antibiotics is diarrhea which is why one is
encouraged to take probiotics or eat a lot of yogurt with live cultures to
replace the gut flora and fauna.  Antibiotics kill off everything.. the good
and the bad, not 100% of course, but enough to cause problems.
---- I've trimmed your post for relevancy to me ----
## Hmmm, OK, and yeah I understand about the 100% thing.  I know antibiotics
are non discriminatory and take out both good and bad, however, I'm still
having a little trouble with antibiotics causing diarrhea though.  Not
disagreeing with you you understand.  If the friendly flora exist to assist in
the digestive process, and a suitable proportion of those "goodies" are killed
off, then would that not mean food is not broken down properly in readiness for
evacuation?  This then encourages me to believe if food is not digested or
broken down adequately we will have difficulty with stool consistency,
therefore difficulty in evacuating.
Some pain medications can cause horrific constipation due to the pain
medications putting everything to 'sleep', so to speak.
## Ah, this then could be what caused the constipation I referred to with the
mate, not the antibiotics so much but the pain killers instead - but - it
doesn't clear up my supposition regarding the goodie die off and constipation?
No goodies to promote proper digestion of food, no poopies, hence the
introduction of probiotics to replace the "goodies", which will reactivate the
digestive processes and encourage the poopies...Yes/No?
Bear or bare with me on this if you will.  I'm finding it difficult to
understand how if friendly flora are destroyed, be it by antibiotics or silver,
foodstuffs will not be digested properly and constipation will not be the end
result?

Many folks with constipation need to drink plenty of water and eat fiber foods
to give the gut lubrication and bulk.  I have taken cs for twenty years or more
off and on and never have had it cause any gut issues.
## I too have been ingesting EIS for a number of years and have never
experienced any issues.  I know the "lubrication" part as I can still remember
as a kid being given a table spoon of Paraffin Oil {or liquid Paraffin
medicinal?} as a lubricant when I was bogged up.
N.
Lola H.