How very odd that just today a friend was talking about how she'd dropped a
heavy jar on her big toe in early spring and the nail turned all black and
sloughed off.(Her son-in-law is a doc and wasn't alarmed) Apparently, it takes
about a year for a whole new nail to return. She's using CS. Actually, Brooks'
mix now, which is 75%CS, 15% Aloe or glycerine, and 10% DMSO which helps get
the CS deeper into the process where it can do the most good. Right after the
removal, your doc might not want the incision to get contaminated, although you
could ask about silver dressings, and the other day, I saw silver-impregnated
bandages available in the first aid aisle of a big supermarket.
Is Keflex for the pain? When I broke my ankle, after its surgery I only
ingested CS for warding off infection and only ibuprophen for pain. (I'd
insisted on silver dressings for the wound, too.)

Another safe way to get the equivalent of IV CS is to open a capsule of MSM,
drip CS into it until it's saturated, reseal the capsule and put it under your
tongue for at least 15 min. It enters the bloodstream through the vessels under
the tongue, more or less by-passing the degrading of the CS by the digestive
tract, and reaches the whole body very quickly. Keep the tongue plastered to
the roof of mouth and your taste-buds won't notice. Then, when it's dissolved,
swallow quickly and chase with water or juice. I use this protocol a few times
a day whenever I'm threatened by an infection or contagion. Pretty effective!

Be well
Léna