I have a friend who is a dentist.  He claims that amalgam fillings are
horrible and cause terrible problems.  He said though that if a dentist says
that they are toxic to a patient, or removes them for any reason other than
cosmetic, they will get their license revoked.  The ADA is scared that if they
admit the truth then they will be liable for millions in lawsuits, so they
continue poisoning people to cover it up.

Marshall