In a message dated 00-04-25 01:33:15 EDT, you write:

<< Roger as I understand it, the water molecule is naturally polarised
 taking this arrangement  [H+] --- [O(2-)] --- [H+], ie having a
 negatively charged oxygen head and two positively charged hydrogen
 tails (the tails forming a ~105 deg angle).

Good point Ivan. A batter way to have developed my idea would be to have said 
 that in the presence of the charged aggregated CS particles, the 
polarization of the water molecules is enhanced.
 
 Silver ions become hydrated and form micelles, ie are surrounded by
 water molecules, in this case with their tails pointing out. Is there
 any reason to think that this is not what is happening?
 This happens with LVDC CS also, which, if well made is every bit as
 stable as well made HVAC CS.

I have NO experience with the kind of LVDC CS that remains stable 
indefinitely. As far as silver ions are concerned, I don't believe that 
silver ions are present, and even if they were, they would be associated with 
the NO3- anion (or perhaps you could name another -- as I said repeatedly on 
this forum positive or negative ions DO NOT exist as separate entities, but 
are always CLOSELY associated with ions of the opposite charge to preserve 
local electrical neutrality) which we already know produces an acidic pH 
(salt from a weak base, strong acid rule) ALL BY ITSELF.
 
 There is probably some other reason causing the low pH reading,
 perhaps ranging from CO2 inclusion to AgOH production, or possibly
 faulty / inappropriate pH measuring equipment.

The pH measurments for my HVAC CS sample were obtained from 3 separate and 
independent sources. In addition, I checked the "silver-list archives" and 
found that the HVAC CS acidic pH phenomenon has been talked about repeatedly. 
As far as CO2 is concerned, there is NO WAY that the presence of carbonic 
acid could account for the low pH. For example, the CO2 typically dissolved 
in rainwater could be said to be in equilibrium with the ~380 ppm of CO2 in 
air. If you calculate the pH from this assumption you would arrive at a pH of 
5.6 - 5.7. Of course, you could ignore the assumption of equilibrium, in 
which case the pH would be even higher. As far as AgOH is concerned, you will 
have to elaborate on this topic. The HVAC CS I produce is crystal clear. 
Where is the insoluble (and as far as I know relatively unstable AgOH) 
hiding?  
  
 
 Restructured water, restoring water to its 'crystaline' form can be
 accomplished in many ways, but the health benefits acrue from drinking
 this water rather than tap or 'dead' water.
 Leaving the pH aside, I don't believe you have shown that HVAC CS  and
 the water it is made in, is different structurally from LVDC CS and
 the water it is made in. >>

Ivan: You are correct. I have NOT SHOWN that "HVAC CS  and
 the water it is made in, is different structurally from LVDC CS and
 the water it is made in". I have provided a working hypothesis from which 
creative experiments should either support or negate my hypothesis. So far, 
IMHO anyway, you have done neither.

Roger Altman


--
The silver-list is a moderated forum for discussion of colloidal silver.

To join or quit silver-list or silver-digest send an e-mail message to: 
[email protected]  -or-  [email protected]
with the word subscribe or unsubscribe in the SUBJECT line.

To post, address your message to: [email protected]
Silver-list archive: http://escribe.com/health/thesilverlist/index.html
List maintainer: Mike Devour <[email protected]>