Hilary,
Sorry, but I've been out of the country the past week, so I'm not sure
how this question has been addressed.  But it seems to me that 20 to 30
ppm is awfully low, for the maker to see the necessity of adding silver
protein.  And I think the fact is that whomever makes the more
concentrated CS, which includes the protein, may see the need for this
additional material because it will help maintain stability of the CS
while in storage.  Otherwise it is possible to make much higher
concentrations, perhaps even 500 to 1000 ppm, without the protein
stabilizer. For example, if one can keep the concentrated CS away from
light and electromagnetic fields the stabilizer should not be needed.
Reid

Ole Bob said:
Hi Hilary,

Evidently you are new to the list as evidenced by the fact that you
missed the key
word used in the article
and that was "silver protein." Stay away from any CS labeled more that
20 or 30 ppm
as they probably have a
silver compound in them, and that is where the problem lies.

Electro colloid as poeple on this list make will not cause argyria!! You
would drown
in it first.

"Ole Bob"