Talking about filtering CS,
I bought the unbleached coffee filters, the Melitta brand.
When I used them to filter my CS, the CS got darker yellow in color.
This happened several times so I stopped using those coffee filters as I
then figured that the filters are not really unbleached but maybe colored
brown to look unbleached and perhaps the coloring is leaching into the CS.
It was then suggested by the manufacturer of my CS generator that I could
use
white cotton handkerchiefs to filter the CS.
So now I am using cotton hankies. However, I am noticing that whenever I
rinse out the hankies and hang them to dry, I notice a rust colored stain
develops on the part that was in contact with the CS.
Now I am wondering where this rust color is originating from. The
manufacturer  has no explanation for the rust color and says that the silver
strips being used for the electrodes are 99.9 silver. Any way of testing the
electrodes for purity?
Also, I am beginning to wonder if the rust is coming from the metal covers
that I am using for the quart size mason jars that I use to make and store
the CS.
Any ideas or comments on this subject is appreciated.
Thanks,
Josephine

.