While there should be no electrolytic removal of the cathode material,
hydrogen is evolved at the cathode (actually the hydroxide radical is
formed, then if there is nothing to react with, four hydroxide radicals
unite and produce 2H2O plus O2).  Many metals will form a hydroxide, which
is generally quite soluble in water.  Some hydroxides are quite poisonous,
and all are basic.

Thus one could end up getting toxic metal hydroxides, plus the effect on the
ph could cause stability problems for any CS that is produced as well.

Thus if I used a metal other than silver for the cathode, I would make sure
it is inert.  Gold would make a good choice.

Marshall