Copper hydroxide is somewhat toxic.  The LD50 for rats is 1 gram per
kilogram of body weight.  A 150 pound person would have to take about 2 1/2
ounces of this substance to have about a 50% chance of dying.  In lessor
amounts can cause Can cause gastrointestinal irritation, nausea, vomiting,
and diarrhea.

Stainless steels typically contain:

iron, phosphorus, carbon, sulfur silicon chromium nickel, and some contain
molybdenum, zirconium, selenium, aluminum, tantalum, and nitrogen.

I can find no health information on iron hydroxide.
iron and phosphorus appear to not react with H or HO.
silicon can form silicon hydride, which I can find on health information on
chromium hydroxide is insoluble.
nickel hydroxide is a suspected cancer causing agent.  It is highly
poisonous http://physchem.ox.ac.uk/MSDS/NI/nickel_hydroxide.html

Be aware that stainless steel reacts with other elements, the only thing
special about it is that some of the other metals added to the stainless
steel kill iron bacteria, thus preventing rust caused by the bacteria.

Marshall