Bill,
Good to hear from you, and I value your observations.  Can you tell me
what reason you may have to believe Microdyn is not 3200ppm?  And I do
know that Biopur states on the label that it is 1500ppm.  If Microdyn is
not 3200 I would imagine that at the very least it's well over the
500ppm we've been talking.  I do know that Microdyn is being used quite
successfully in silver saturating pottery water filtration elements
around Central America and the Carribean, removing 100% of fecal
coliforms. Some of these filters are still effective after seven years
of continuous use, and are yet another CS boon to the poor.  On the
other hand the manufacturers of the filters also advertise these as
being saturated with 3200ppm CS.

Can someone else on the list kindly help in putting to rest the very
misquided notion that concentrated CS is *not* a reality?
Namaste,
Reid

Bill Missett said:
I don't believe that the commercial CS being sold in Mexico (there are
now
about five brands available to me, all basically the same) has been
rated at
3200ppm, even though I was guilty of making that statement early on,
until
corrected.

Apparently Microdyn and the others have not been officially tested by
anyone
known on the list.

The "3200ppm claim" comes from the fact that most of the commercial CS
brands (but not all) are rated as being "0.32 percent"  CS.  That would
be
3200 parts of a million, but not the 3200ppm we're talking about, as I
understand it.

But Mexican CS is very potent, works quickly and is cheap.  A 1.3 ounce
bottle costs less than a dollar and lasts at least a month with daily
usage.

The entire city of San Luis Potosi, Mexico, population 1 million, has
successfully used CS to purify the city's water supply for the past 40
years.