From: Reid Harvey [mailto:pott...@wlink.com.np]
Sent: Friday, September 27, 2002 5:55 PM
To: silver list
Subject: RE: CS>reply from a company selling 500ppm CS

Dear James-Osbourne: Holmes,
I am not familiar with the means by which Microdyn and others in Mexico
are making their concentrated CS, but am under the impression that they
could be making by the same means that I do.  Here are the basic
components of my generator (courtesy of educate-yourself.org):
1.  a two liter erlenmeyer flask with rubber stopper, through which is
set a thermometer and the two electrodes
2.  a double boiler into which the flask is set
3.  an electrical converter which outputs 27volts DC
During the process the temperature is kept just under boiling.  Polarity
is switched every minute, in order to prevent current runaway.  This
also minimizes the amount of silver oxide that collects on the
electrodes.  I generally run the generator for three or four hours which
yields ~200ppm, but if one were to run it for a couple of days they'd
get upto ppm in the thousands.  At 200ppm it looks like glorious *mud*
to reflected light, but put a strong light behind it and you'll see that
it's still clear.

I am unfamiliar with zeta potential so would welcome your observations
on that.
Reid

James-Osbourne: Holmes,
Are the very high concentrations made electolytically?  If they are made
by
precipitation, the Zeta potential may be very different.