I would just like to add that most flu and colds are produced by a virus.
The flu shot that people get are manufactured from a virus. Scientists or
virus trackers try to figure out what virus will be causing a flu
epidemic and make a vaccine out of it. You can go to www.Discovery.com
and read all about virus tracking there. The bacterial infections that
are caused are secondary to the virus. That at least has been my own
personal experience. I suffer from asthma and when I get a cold which is
caused by a virus, I usually come down with a secondary infection such as
bronchitis or pneumonia. I have had pneumonia 4 times, I have had
pleurisy several times, and I always get bronchitis at least 4 times a
year! When I get bronchitis, it usually last for months even with
antibiotics. This past September I had cold which turned into a very bad
case of bronchitis which went into walking pneumonia, and I started
taking CS for the first time through a nebulizer. Within one week my
infection was gone, and I have not (knock on wood) had a recurrence. I
would say CS does in fact affect viruses. Kendra

On Sun, 15 Dec 2002 00:54:22 -0600 Brooks Bradley