Hi Marshall,

On Sun, 15 Dec 2002 11:39:48 -0500, Marshall Dudley
<mdud...@execonn.com> wrote:

>You can freeze sea water and get virtually pure water in the ice. All the
>dissolved salts in sea water are ionic.  I see no reason well water should be
>different.

I agree, freezing salt water will produce mostly pure water ice.  But
... have you ever had a Popsicle?  :)   Ivan can probably tell us what
conditions are necessary to freeze substances along with the ice.

If I can find the time, I'll try freezing some CS and then melt and
test it's ppm rating (now to find a glass ice cube tray).

-- Dean -- from (almost) Des Moines -- KB0ZDF