Brooks;
If you have not already done so, I'd urge your team to contact Paul Stamets of Fungi Perfecti
http://www.fungiperfecti.com/mycotech/farmwaste.html
as he and his associates have been working for some time with effective bioremediation using fungi. I'd be happy to send you some of the lectures and interviews he has given over the past couple of years which were collected and published in a local environmental magazine, issue #130, mid-dec., 2001

The New Settler Interview.
P.O. Box 702
Mendocino, CA 95460
707 937-5703

Contact me offlist regarding faxing material to you, I like to spread the good word.

Among efforts he has undertaken are entry in a sort of competition held by the State of Washington to test various bioremediation techniques on petrochemical (diesel) contaminated soils from service station underground tank failures - Stamets' employment of Pleurotus spp. won the contest hands-down against the likes of Dow-Monsanto and other established firms, yielding a soil free of contaminants and a fine crop of oyster mushrooms, also free of petrochemicals. He has used mycelia as a fungal filter to eliminate the runoff waste from a small cattle operation which otherwise would pollute the adjacent waters, commercial shellfish beds. The result? Zero detectable pollutants.

Take care,  Malcolm