Dear Leo,
                        It has been our experience that special
"modifications" designed to reduce the odiferous character of DMSO also
REDUCES its effectivness accordingly.  The principal reason being that it is
the sulphur fraction which is responsible for a majority of the beneficial
physiological results......as well as the pronounced odor attendant with its
systemic distribution.
                    Others may have experienced different results, however.
                                Sincerely,  Brooks Bradley.