I will say that I have not been diagnosed with this, but the ears,
especially the left one, makes a lot of noise.  This side of my head also has
an eye with problems and several bridges and root canals.  I know these cause
problems, but cannot at present have the needed dental work done.  I find that
usually when I do the mouthful of cs with 3 drops of DMSO held for 30 secs. at
least, and do this 4 times daily, then swelling subsides and so does the noise.
 I also do the peroxide in the ears regularly.  So I am thinking that swelling
in the head area causes the noise, at least is a part of whatever is going on.
 pj