Jonathan,
You have struck me as one of those who is very aware of alternatives,
but with a friend hanging in the balance there may be a tendency to
lapse to an inability to be objective.  I'll simply reiterate what I've
gleaned from this list, which I believe to be good advice.  First and
foremost your friend must *embrace* the notion that many alternatives do
work.  Secondly, since the cancer has progressed so far, don't try one
single alternative approach.  Try several in combination:

1.  Copious CS, a 250 ml. glass of 10ppm every four to six hours.  Watch
out for Herxheimer Effect, in which one scales back to a couple of
tablespoons daily, two or three times.
2.  H2O2, 2 to 4 ozs. daily.  This could be 0.5 to 1.0 oz. at a time,
mixed 50/ 50 with fruit juices.  Start with lesser amounts if nausea is
a problem.
3.  Do the godzilla BE unit, three times daily, 20 minutes at a time.
Reverse polarity every four minutes or so.  Consider starting with 0.5
to 1.0 mili amps.  Watch our for 'die off,' comparable to Herxheimer
Effect, in which case amperage is reduced.

Other remedies may work but these seem to be the ones that stick out.
Reid