Reid & Jack:

There are at least five companies in Mexico producing CS with the same
rating as Microdyn (not 3200 ppm, but rather 0.32 percent CS rating on the
label). Some go higher, to 0.35 and 0.36.

We went around and around on this issue years ago, and to my knowledge, no
one has ever tested Microdyn for its actual ppm rating.  But it is very
potent, working in DROP dosages instead of teaspoon or tablespoon doses.

About one year ago, Microdyn repackaged its product, going from a 25 ml
bottle to a 15 ml bottle, keeping the price the same.  At the same time, one
of the CS competitors, Bac-Dyn, produced a 35 ml bottle at a lower price
than the 15 ml Microdyn. (About 80 cents a bottle versus $1US)  I quickly
bought up about 15 bottles of the Bac-Dyn.  (CS price wars in Mexico!!)

But about 8-10 months ago, I read a post from Marshall Dudley (I believe)
who said he had produced a bad batch of CS, and it had turned his
fingernails blue.  I checked my fingernails, and damned if they weren't
blue.

I blamed the Bac-Dyn, because I had been taking MicroDyn for six years with
no problems whatsoever.  I immediately stopped taking the Bac-Dyn internally
(but kept using it externally) and within three months, my fingernails were
back to normal.

Although practically everybody in Mexico uses Microdyn or one of the other
CS products, I have never seen a blue Mexican.  They are all a lovely shade
of brown.

That's about as anecdotal as you can get.

Bill Missett
Puerto Escondido, Oaxaca, Mexico

 ps:  MicroDyn also sells its product in 1&2 liter bottle sizes, at huge
discounts.  I understand it is available at the Price Club and Sam's Club in
Acapulco, the nearest big city to me.