I too found this a very interesting article on Iodine.

Have allergic or negative reactions to so many things...but Iodine is not
one of them.

So having a slightly depressed Thyroid..this was checked by extensive
testing...and not being able to handle the usuall Thyroid meds..tried them
and was very sick...also have a terrible reaction to Kelp which would be the
natural way to go to get some Iodine to the Thyroid...I discovered a way to
get the Iodine itself to work for me...was just by applying it to the outer
thigh area...once a day.

If it dissappears in a few hours...you know the body really needed that hit
of Iodine.
When it is still visible...even vaguely ...the next day..you know that the
body is o.k...lay off the Iodine for a while.
So I would "muscle test" if I needed it each time I used it.

Having said this....I have to back up what someone said here...this is all
depending on the fact that one is not allergic to Iodine..
I understand that is a very serious thing.
So...take the info and use it BUT...please make sure Iodine agrees with the
body first.

Also, didn't know if I liked the idea of DRINKING Iodine but Mr Edgar Cayce
has a formula that is called Atomine...and that is a form of Iodine and is
meant to be taken internally.

So, once again...BOTTOM LINE..please check with a medical person to see if
you can handle the Iodine in your system. V