I have cured "hot spots" using nothing but CS from a nasal sprayer that I carry
in my pocket.  Everytime I pass the dog I give him a squirt.  It took a couple
of days, but fixed it...
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: brick...@aol.com
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Sunday, November 23, 2003 7:30 PM
  Subject: Re: CS>Dog with hot spot infection

  My Golden Ret. pup developed a skin infection with a real foul odor.
Christmas tree customers said it is called hot spot.  I applied coconut oil, CS
with DMSO, and rubbed it in, and sprayed CS into his mouth.  He lost several
patches of his coat but new hair is coming out.  The foul smell is practically
gone.

  Has anyone else tried to treat hot spot?

  Update on my own CS use.
  I have been using the nasal irrigator (Grossan) for about 3 weeks and follow
each irrigation with about 70 ml of CS, DMSO, MSM and GSE.  My sinus is still
draining but appears to be getting better.  I have used the device as much as 4
times per day.
  Yearly dentist inspection came up with no cavities.  I take at least 2 ounces
CS per day and hold for at least 3 minutes.
  Eye DR saw small cataracts still even with me using CS + DMSO eye drops daily.
  Brickey