Greetings, all:

The issue concerning the discoloration of the fingertip moons is most likely
directly related to metabolic functions.  I don't think it is "per se" a
precursor to cosmetic argyria of the face, as one does not always get this
condition before cosmetic argyria of the face, just the same as this does
not always occur with the whites of the eyes.  In other words, one does not
have to get the fingernail condition before the facial condition, and
getting the fingernail condition may not indicate an impending facial
condition, although obviously it may be wise to address the dietary
situation when this occurs in the fingernails.

It seems possible that what is happening is that the silver may be, directly
or indirectly, binding with calcium carbonate in the body, via conditions
present in the "biological terrain".

I find it unlikely that we'd be able to unravel this complex mystery very
easily, but it is interesting to note that extremely significant changes
occur in calcium distribution in the body based on changes in PH levels.

I also do believe that it is quite possible for silver to crystalize, rather
than simply bind with proteins, in certain conditions, such as reported by
one of Trem's customers.

Calcium has been shown to crystallize in alkaline conditions in the form of
calcium carbonate.  Calcium carbonate is the primary substance of fingernail
production.

I'd venture, however, that the lymphatic system plays a role, as if it
didn't, we'd likely see equal darkness with the toenails.

- Jason