From: marmar...@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 19:53:20 EDT
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>Germs, plagues and Nostradamus

In a message dated 5/3/04 11:47:18 AM Central Daylight Time,
hollandsi...@charter.net writes:

If the borer beetles are coming up from debree and or the
soil---yes,tanglefoot would stop them.If the beetles are flying in
then---No.

Hmmmm -- I don't know where the heck they're coming from.  All I know is
that for the past 18 years, every damn tree that I plant dies from borers
attacking it.  And I feed them well, water them in drought and spray for
borers the way the nursery tells me to.  I've got two young Kwanzan Cherries
dying in the front yard right now.  They replaced two Dogwoods.  Which
replaced two Dogwoods.  Ad infinitum.  Borers have also badly damaged two
young Maple trees, and my cherry (producing) tree.  I'm SO disgusted.  This
year I tried Diamataceous Earth for the first time.  Don't know if it's
working or not.  Unfortunately, I find out if the product is (not) working
by the tree dying the following year.  :-(    Thanks for the info.      MA