Garnet wrote:

> It was during my research days in an academic setting, no monkey shines,
> lol.
>
> And yep the same thing was said to me. Just do it and do not hesitate.
>
> "Never add water to good booze." is how my mentor taught me to remember
> you do not add concentrated acid (or DMSO) to water because of the heat
> liberated, you add the water to the acid / DMSO.

NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!! You have it backwards.  Add a strong acid to water, so the
water will cool down the dilution heat quickly and without any splashing.
Adding
water to a strong acid will result in a mini explosion that will blow the acid
right
back into your face.  Many people have been blinded by this.  Make sure you
don't do
it backwards.

Masrhall