Where on earth would estrogen come from?  Polyethylene is made from a
catalytic reaction using pure ethylene gas and certain metals.  Pure
polyethylene is formed by this process.  Estrogen is a completely different
compound, with elements that are not even fund in ethylene.

However I have read that plasticizers can mimic estrogen if I remember right.
Perhaps you are talking about those. There should be no plasticizers in hdpe,
it has a transition temperature just over 200 F, and is thus flexible without
it.  But I do know that plasticizers have been known to be added to hdpe,
although they should not.  I suspect that it may be a case of recycled plastic
being added to the mix, and some non hdpe inadvertantly being added that had
plasticizers in it.  But I have no documentation on that.

Marshall