A balanced source of trace and macrominerals is what I would use. I do think Silicon could be a missing link, but it is best to provide it in a plant based matrix, which will have a balance of minerals. The following are sources I use for my animals, which are particularly helpful in illness or poor condition. Homepathic Cell Salts may also be helpful. The combination of all five Biochemic Cells Salts put out by Hylands I believe is a good one. Will help absorption and utilization of what is in the diet.
Seameal (www.solidgoldhealth.com has a blend of 19 species, Kelp alone is too high in Arsenate, others help balance this) Flax Meal (freshly ground each day) Sunflower Seeds Almonds (great source of Magnesium, which many now think is needed in a 1:1 ratio to Calcium, not half as much Ca as previously thought) Hope this gives you some ideas for your bitch. Red Raspberry Leaves are also tonifying to the uterus. Garnet On Sat, 2004-06-26 at 13:46, Teri Johnston wrote: > At 11:00 AM 6/26/2004 -0500, you wrote: > > >Silicon, a trace mineral helps the absorption and utilization of other > >minerals, particulary Calcium and Magnesium. Studies have shown its > >efficacy in race horses in developing youngsters, broodmares and 2 yo > >olds in training. > Garnet. > > I have a dog who has suffered with eclampsa with both of her 2 litters when > the pups were 4 weeks old. Would you think Silicon would be good to > prevent this? > > Teri Johnston > Fireside Welsh Springer Spaniels > -- The Silver List is a moderated forum for discussing Colloidal Silver. Instructions for unsubscribing are posted at: http://silverlist.org To post, address your message to: [email protected] Silver List archive: http://escribe.com/health/thesilverlist/index.html Address Off-Topic messages to: [email protected] OT Archive: http://escribe.com/health/silverofftopiclist/index.html List maintainer: Mike Devour <[email protected]>

