In a message dated 8/8/2004 10:15:24 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
mdud...@king-cart.com writes:
Huh?  With the good stuff in the hull, why not just soak the hulls.  It
allows you to put many more hulls in a given size container, and in any given
amount of PGA or Vodka
If you do decide to peel off the green hulls, you may consider wearing gloves
as it does stain really badly.  It also takes more than the usual time for
the stains to fade, if I recall correctly.  If any juice gets on any clothing,
the stain will be pronounced and permanent.  pj

Also, one fifth of Vodka Black Walnut tincture lasts me a couple years.  I
have no need to make even more.  I don't want to keep it too long as it might
loose its strength.  Every now and then I take two teaspoons on an empty
stomach
to keep my bug population low.  Damaged hulls turn black pretty quick, that
is why I said to pick them from the tree instead of picking up dropped nuts.
They would be black within 72 hours.  The dropped nuts all have black hulls.
People were advertising Green black walnut tincture.  The walnuts have to be
picked for the tincture to have the green tint. They seemed to downrate a black
tincture as not quite as potent.

Brickey