My cousin had shingles,  I told her to go buy CS from the Pharmacy,  she did,  she drank approx 2oz twice daily and also dabbed it onto the site with a cotton ball.  The shingles were gone in 2 days.  She used to get shingles repeatedly and they have never returned.  I posted this a while back and somebody queried that shingles shouldn't repeat ... they used to.  Not any more.  Obviously she still takes CS.

Good luck.

elle.