Dear Elle,
I am in South Africa so we are in a sort of similar situation. I get my
silver rods from a manufacturing jeweller. Also I could get it from a
precious metals supplier like Johnson Matthey. Which used to be
Garrett, Davidson & Matthey (NZ) , 85 Albert St.,  Auckland.

If you like I could give you a quote. Airmail is not too costly and is
very quick. Please let me know what sizes and quantities you would
like. I normally supply Fine silver in 2.5mm diameter rods. The
hassle would be your customs regulations

Best regards,
Tony Moody