If you have 2 or more identical meters, place one in any solution that
makes it read 20 uS or 10 PPM.
 Use that same meter to make a solution that reads half that and see if any
of the other meters calibrated to read the same in the 20 uS solution agree
within a full digit.

Good luck.
 [Some do and some don't]

 The specifications seem to be written in doublespeak to 'not' reveal the
actual limitations.
 The temperature factors in the calibration instructions are totally
absent..took me a MONTH to figure out what was going on and what the temp
compensation did, on what, so the reading didn't wander all over the place
while trying to calibrate the meter. Hanna tech was no help at all.
 Clue: The temp compensation compensates for the temp of the meter...not
the solution.  BUT, the DIFFERENCE in temperatures affects both as the one
heats or cools the other. [DON'T hold the little sachet in your hand or the
reading will appear to never stop rising as your hand warms it up]

Asking a Hanna techie a relevent question will get you a whole lot of
silence...if they don't just imply that you are an idiot not qualified to
ask questions.
..and Hanna meters are the 'good' ones.

None of the meters are "useless" any more than actual exact PPM matters
when final absortion, distribution and dilution factors are total unknowables.

 It simply doesn't matter how much shot is in the air when it only takes
one pellet to get dinner.  Putting a lot of shot up there just increases
the odds that one will get the bird and all the misses fall out of the sky
harmlessly.
 A meter tells you the gun is loaded...not where and how to aim or exactly
how many shells are in it beyond what it takes to know the difference
between making a little bit of noise and insisting that the cops show up to
check your hunting license.
 Some people just glance into the magazine tube to see if the gun will fire
at all...blaze away and reload when they hear it go "click" till they run
out of birds in the sky.     [Taste it..shine a laser through it etc. "It
is a shot shell or a cluster bomb?"]
Ammo is dirt cheap and they get just as stuffed at dinner time as the
person who weighs every pellet.

Ode