  From: ransley
  To: The Silverlist
  Sent: Friday, October 22, 2004 7:02 AM
  Subject: CS>DMSO & blindness

  >> When DMSO first became popular years ago...as a local treatment for
  >> arthritis...they did some preliminary studies...and one person went
  >> blind.

  It can happen.

  DMSO & MSM both can cause rapid intense detoxification. My initial detox from
taking MSM 5 years ago was a really wild ride, 3 months long. After it was over
and my life began to improve dramatically, I was filled with evangelistic zeal
for it and began to proselytize everyone in sight. I wrongly assumed it was the
thing for everyone to jump into headfirst.

  One Saturday I gave some to my middle daughter, who was 14 at that time.
Within minutes she was partially blind- but it was a graying out, not a
blacking out of her vision. We freaked and got our Eye Doc to meet us at his
office. That took an hour and it was all over by then.

  I never gave her MSM again, I don't know if she's ever taken it again yet.

  Fast forward to last year: She moved out to an apartment (musty) to go to
college 45 miles away. She began having partial blindness spells. Long story
short- It was Opthalmic Migraine. We cured it with an M-state preparation, no
episodes now in about 8 months after having had them once or twice a week for
2-3 months.

  A cyber-friend sent me his (non-medical) opinion that migraine is an allergic
reaction. I have edited that document and will send it to anyone who wants it.

  Remember folks- taking responsibility for your own health is not always a bed
of roses. Roses have thorns.

  Daddybob