>From my personal experience:
Soya sauce, vinegars, any store juices (freshly squeezed are OK), some spices
(black pepper for example), food additives like MSG and the newer inosinates
and sodium guanylate, dried fruit and peanut butter. I only react to blue
cheeses, thankfully. An exclusion diet for a while then reintroducing suspect
foods one by one is the only practical way to find out for sure.

Paul H
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Sally Khanna
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2004 4:13 PM
  Subject: Re: CS>Asthma

  I would say yes, but I'm only speaking from my experience and I'm not a
doctor.   My allergist was a teacher also, and taught me to be my own sleuth
when it casme to what would trigger asthma.  things that contain mold spores
are not only cheese, but anything fermented and even food that is more than two
days old.  That means watch out for leftovers.

  Sally

  Sharon Cooper <tala...@teleport.com> wrote:
    That was the second opinion. I suppose I could get a third but I think
    that I will get a similar line with all the allopathic docs. They seem
    to think that because they have reduced the dose on inhaled steroids it
    is o.k. to take them longer. I just had a discussion with DH and we
    both think we can link all the attacks to episodes of mold exposure.
    Does this mean he should also avoid foods made with mold such as
    cheeses?
    Sharon