  From: Sharon Cooper
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 6:53 PM
  Subject: Re: CS>Asthma

  Peanut butter is OK?

  I am going to have to start trying the exclusion diet. He will hate that. He
is addicted to yogurt right now but he really goes through phases.

  On the topic of breastfeeding. He was adopted so I did try to breastfeed but
he really didn't get a lot of nutritional value, he was eating a lot right from
the start, and I wasn't producing any milk for a couple of months. It was more
a bonding thing.

  If I just assume he is immune compromised from that, where should I go to
look for a diet for him that will rebuild his immune system? He only got a
couple of ear infections but I used either olive oil, or Olive oil and CS and
nipped them in the bud. He also had this wierd fungus under his neck ( in the
folds ) when he was really little that the naturopath gave me a copper powder
mix for, and it cured that real quick.

  I managed to avoid getting him vaccinated once we had him home, but he did
have Hep B in the hospital at one day of age ( cretins ). I supposed that was
unavoidable since his birth mom is a low income black woman who they were bound
to assume all sorts of things about. Poor kid.

  Thanks for all the great info folks!
  Sharon

  P.S. this list has really helped me with both my kids health issues now. DD
no longer has episodes of bladder infection, and although it wasn't CS that
cured them, I did snag a lot of information from here and from the rest of the
net about allergies and what they can actually cause that helped to clue me in
to her allergies. I think Christine or someone else posted a while back about
what can be done to get rid of your allergies, I would love to see that topic
come up again.

  This is such a great resource, I am so grateful that you all are here and
sharing what you know!
  Kudo's to Mike for creating it.