Hi  Bamboo Chik,

Thanks, I was looking for the dosage that I could give the kids for Vit A as I know it can be toxic. They do get yogurt fairly often in their school lunches and freeze it at home and eat like popsicles. I suppose that might kill a few? We try to cut the sugar, but the one child never lets us know about her treats. They are good about pop. When having a choice for pop, they will usually choose water.

Thanks for your info,
G Murray

Bamboo Chik wrote:

I agree with the nutritional supplements. As a clinical nutritionist, I
have seen problems such as you describe in children clear up quickly
with added A as well as B-complex.  It is important to monitor the
Vitamin A as it can  be toxic in too large a dose.  A good regime is
25,000 I.U. a day, for three months, then 10,000 for a month, then back
to 25,000 for three months. (ages 8 and up)  After symptoms abate you
can just make sure that they take a good complete multi-vitamin/mineral
pill/liquid daily.

I would strongly urge you to add yogurt and or kefir to their daily
diet, making sure it has active cultures. (read label or make your own)
I would also recommend cutting sugar way down as these empty calories
quickly fill up children so that they are less likely to eat the foods
that are good for them.  deb

***Make your words soft and sweet; you just may have to eat them
someday.