I've seen the silver smearing off either electrode [should be just one,
right?]

Anyhow, you can buy  Silver Hydroxide Reagent? and it's described as a
white powder, virtually insoluable in water.

 There is a white powdery deposit that appears now and then under certain
conditions.
 If the electrodes are very close to the bottom and no stirring is used,
you get that white deposit on one side, a black spot on the other side
under the electrode that turns black and shiny metallic plateout in between.
Ode

At 01:48 PM 3/26/2005 -0500, you wrote:

>Re: CS>basic dumb question
>From: Ode Coyote
>Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 05:28:31
>http://escribe.com/health/thesilverlist/m78900.html
>
>  > Isn't silver hydroxide white?
>
>  > Ode
>
>  You might  be thinking of silver chloride, AgCl, which is  white but
>  turns black when exposed to light.
>
>  The oxide  that  collects  on the electrodes is  black,  but  it can
>  appear brown  when diluted in dw. You can barely make out  the color
>  in these photos of misting:
>
>  http://www.utopiasilver.com/images/gen3.jpg
>
>  and
>
>  http://www.silverpuppy.com/resource/ionpud1.jpg
>
>  Silver hydroxide  (AgOH)  decomposes around 100C,  and  silver oxide
>  (Ag2O) decomposes around 310C. I hope put some on a hot  plate today
>  or tomorrow and will report the results.
>
>  I'm pretty  sure it will turn out to be silver  hydroxide,  since it
>  decomposes easily  under  the  pressure of  wiping  and  forms shiny
>  elemental silver. Everyone has seen this in their 3 nines unit.
>
>Regards,
>
>Mike Monett
>

>--
>The Silver List is a moderated forum for discussing Colloidal Silver.

>Address Off-Topic messages to: silver-off-topic-l...@eskimo.com
>OT Archive: http://escribe.com/health/silverofftopiclist/index.html
>
>List maintainer: Mike Devour <mdev...@eskimo.com>
>

>--