.. we, on a coconut irland, just peel the whole thing off,
then dram the thing on a hard surface, and presto!
Also: one of the three "eyes" on top is always smooth, and easily perforated. You pierce that one to have the milk (liquid) out, to drink, then break the nut.
Faith

From: "Albert Peirce" <aepei...@cinci.rr.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Subject: Re: CS>Luz and Faith
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 17:48:07 -0500

Jungle Jim's in Fairfield Ohio. Don't expect it to be easy unless you have more than average skills wielding a machete. The easiest way is probably using an electric drill and ordinary metal bit and drilling into the nut on the stem side ( Choose a coconut with the Green husk present- the bare nut is easier but it is from a mature coconut and the milk is very unappealing as the fats/oils have already been converted into the familiar hard white copra.) Green coconut milk is still very rich and the meat is still forming and is soft and can be spooned out to eat. I won't tell what it's called colloquially in Central America! Break the Whole thing up with an axe on a wood surface, or use a sledgehammer on your concrete driveway, after you have salvaged the milk. Regards, Al Peirce.... Original Message ----- From: "M. G. Devour" <mdev...@eskimo.com>