The dangers of mercury amalgam fillings is widely documented and indisputable.
The opinion that they are safe is wrong, dangerous disinformation .

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Albert Peirce
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Sunday, May 29, 2005 4:11 PM
  Subject: Re: CS>mercury and silver

  This is the most ignorant post I have ever seen on this site!  In the first
place, a mercury filling cannot exist unless you had had your body
cryogenetically frozen to minus 100- 200 degrees Fahrenheit and you'd be dead!
Mercury is a liquid metal !!  In the second place, there are silver FILLINGS,
silver INLAYS, and silver CAPS.  These last two are prepared by making a proper
cavity in the tooth, casting a plastic or rubber male image of the cavity,
sending it to a foundry to have a metal alloy (800 fine, 900 fine, 925 fine)
silver inlay or cap cast which can then be cemented to the tooth.  An inlay or
a cap is a piece of noble metal and has no mercury in its composition.

  AMALGAMS, on the other hand, (Fillings to you folks from Rio Linda), consist
of precisely measured finely divided (ground up) silver powder, and a correctly
proportioned amount of liquid mercury to allow total molecular(?) amalgamation
so there is no leakage of mercury and no release of finely ground silver sand.
These are mixed, pressed, expressed, and then packed into your tooth and
allowed to cure for 24 hours. So a silver FILLING contains mercury in an
unobtainable form and is safe.