About four years ago, I suffered a 2.5-inch long cut on my wrist from a dog bite with a broken tooth, which sliced to the bone on my wrist for a full inch. The open wound was fully 1/2 inch wide at its broadest point. Initially, I cleaned it with hydrogen peroxide, applied Microdyn and triple anti-biotic ointment.

Afterward, I used only CS on it. I did not go to a doctor, because he would have insisted on stitching it, and you are never supposed to suture an animal bite. Within three days,the wound had closed tight, and never exhibited any signs of infection (I live in tropical Mexico, where infections will turn an untreated scratch into an oozing pit in days). I now have a fine-line 2.5-inch scar which is barely big enough to see, thanks to CS.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Nave" <dn...@mn.nilfisk-advance.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2005 12:56 PM
Subject: CS>CS Results on Cut

Last week I had some good news and some bad news.

The bad news was that I found that I had run into the edge of a door
frame with my forehead...  (Don't ask me how!  It was a freakish and
somewhat embarrassing accident ;-))
This was hard enough to make me see stars, rattle my teeth and produce
a 1 inch vertical gash in my forehead.  However, this was almost worth
it after seeing the expression on the face of the pizza delivery man as
I paid for my pizza with one hand clapped to my forehead while the blood
slowly oozed out between my fingers...

The good news is that I remembered I had CS/EIS (along with a few other
things).

I slapped a piece of gauze on the gash, held it in place with a piece
of tape, and saturated it with some CS which I had made for my friend,
finished off the pizza and then drove home.

When I got home a popped a 600 GDU Bromelain capsule which probably
only succeeded in digesting my pizza, but I made sure to take another
before bed on a relatively empty stomach.  This was to reduce any
swelling and bruising.  Also took bromelain next morning and evening and
morning again.  I put two small butterfly bandages like one would use
instead of stitches to hold the wound together and then covered with
gauze and kept it wet with homemade CS.  I kept it wet as much as
possible for the next few days.

By day 4 it was closed up and by day 5 completely closed and healed
without a scab.  After that I put aloe vera from a plant on it once,
castor oil a couple of times, and some DMSO a couple of times also.
After a week and a half it is barely visible but I am sure there will be
a very fine white scar eventually which you might be able to see if the
light is right.

Dan

;-))