Hi, Linda,

Sounds like you are doing the right thing and are being very generous.

We visited a homeless shelter this summer.  This is what we learned about their
clothing needs:

Most of the homeless are men and they have drug, alcohol and mental problems
(1/3 of them).   They didn't have enough clothing.  Newly donated items aren't
washed unless they are very dirty.  If the men can work, they get jobs as day
laborers.  They need clothing they can be comfortable in:  jeans or khakis,
underware, ball caps, socks and walking or tennis shoes.  They get clean
clothing once a week.  So worn out clothing is better than no clothing.

Take care,

Cindy