  From: Terry Chamberlin<mailto:tcj...@yahoo.ca>
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com<mailto:silver-list@eskimo.com>
  Sent: Sunday, December 18, 2005 9:35 PM
  Subject: CS>Argyria & nanosilver

  Recently there were posts between Marshall and Ole Bob
  concerning what causes argyria. Marshall posted
  several websites to support the statements he made. I
  looked over each of them. His points about argyria
  being caused by ionic and not colloidal silver are
  examples of the confusion that occurs repeatedly on
  this list from using words with different definitions.

  I find a great deal of the discussion here to
  sometimes be confusing because there have been no
  agreed-upon definitions of the words we use, different
  definitions are used than the rest of the scientific
  world uses, and two people will be talking apples and
  oranges without knowing it.

  I regularly see listers using *colloidal* as being
  different than *ionic*, even though absolutely
  everything we make is ionic. I would like to see a
  description of how to make a colloidal silver with
  electricity in which the silver particles do not have
  a charge. IONIC means "an atom or group of atoms that
  have a charge".

http://www.ozoneservices.com/glossary/i/ion.htm<http://www.ozoneservices.com/glossary/i/ion.htm>

http://herh.ednet.ns.ca/Teachers/FarrellL/AtomicTheoryFAQ.htm#10<http://herh.ednet.ns.ca/Teachers/FarrellL/AtomicTheoryFAQ.htm#10>

http://ic-www.arc.nasa.gov/ic/projects/remote-agent/activities/pofo/docs/Propulsion/1-what-is-an-ion.html<http://ic-www.arc.nasa.gov/ic/projects/remote-agent/activities/pofo/docs/Propulsion/1-what-is-an-ion.html>

  Marshall's claim that only "ionic" silver causes
  argyria and not "colloidal" silver is based on a
  specific description of the mechanism of argyria that
  he accepts as valid. After perusing the sites Marshall
  posted, I could not find that description. The idea
  that only ionic silver salts cause argyria after they
  have reached the capillaries of the skin and are
  exposed to sunlight (which causes them to darken in
  color) has a logical sound to it, but it has some
  difficulties. I so far have not been able to find any
  medical resource that attributes the formation of
  argyria to that mechanism. If only silver "ions" cause
  argyria, how did the European Royalty get argyria from
  ingesting metallic silver powder? Marshall said, "Can
  you name any other form of silver besides a salt or
  compound that can cause argyria and the process by
  which it could do so?" Well, metallic silver powder is
  one. One possible explanation is that the stomach's
  digestive acid converted some of the silver powder to
  a silver salt. Since all ingested silver must pass
  through the stomach and its digestive acid bath (which
  apparently turns it into a silver salt), why would
  "ionic" silver (which is all that we make) be
  specified as the causative factor? If stomach acid
  does not convert metallic/colloidal silver into a salt
  form, how explain the argyria from drinking silver
  powder? And it completely begs the question of cases
  of argyria caused by inhaling silver powder, or
  applying silver compounds to the skin, sinuses and
  other mucous membranes.

  The medical establishment doesn't know what actually
  CAUSES argyria, they only know what happens before it
  appears (ingesting huge amounts of silver nitrate,
  etc.). I have not seen a description of the mechanism
  of argyria that is comprehensive enough to account for
  all the various ways that argyria is contracted.

  We still seem to be differentiating between particles
  of one size and particles of another by calling the
  one "colloidal" and the other "ionic", when actually,
  they are all ionic.

  To make a silver preparation in which the particles
  are so small that they make no color or have much or
  any Tyndall is to have particles that are billionths
  of a meter (nanometer) in size, which is called,
  accurately, nanosilver. Nanosilver cannot be made with
  any compounds resulting because the particles would be
  too large to be nanometer in size. Nanosilver cannot
  be made with anything but the purest silver and the
  purest water. Is that not what we do? If you brew a
  solution long enough to cause a yellow or gold color,
  the solution is still pure, but the particles are not
  nanometer in size. Nanosilver is, by definition, a
  pure silver preparation with silver particles measured
  in nanometers. It must be pure to even be made.

  As long as we make crystal clear CS/EIS, a large part
  of it will be Nanosilver.

  There is no evidence whatsoever that it is even
  possible to cause argyria from any amount or any
  application of Nanosilver. Nanosilver is not affected
  by heat, cold, sunlight, magnetism, etc., and is the
  most effective form of silver for combating pathogens,
  according to Dr. Robert H. Demling.

www.cesil.com/leaderforchemist/articoli/inglese/7demlinging/7demlinging.htm<http://www.cesil.com/leaderforchemist/articoli/inglese/7demlinging/7demlinging.htm>

  Terry Chamberlin