So would it help to add filtration of some kind or a Reverse Osmosis unit before the water goes to the distiller? Am I right that Ruth's distiller is continuous flow? I have a weird thing here: we use a Waterpik R-7 faucet filter but distilling filtered tap water results in higher uS distilled water than if I use unfiltered hot water. This is the opposite of what was true the first months I used the distiller. And I can't even make a guess what is going on.
sol

Robert Berger wrote:

Hi Ruth,
Hard water has mineral carbonates that cause the hard build-up in you still. Soft water basically has the same minerals but the compounds has been changed so that things do not scale. Either water when distilled will make good silver solutions. "Ole bob"