If you must drink softened water, it is better to use potassium rather than the sodium to soften the water. Costs about $1 a bag more. You may have to search a bit for it.

Kallie
----- Original Message ----- From: <cking...@nycap.rr.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 9:10 AM
Subject: Re: CS>Unidentified subject!

You're not supposed to DRINK the water from a water softener.
Bad for the heart.
I believe the salts they use are the problem.

Anyway, this got proved to me one year when a neighbor showed me his
tomato seedlings. He wondered why they were doing so poorly.
It turned out that he was using water from the softener he had
installed that year.

Fine for washing, showering etc. but NOT drinking or other living
things!

Chuck

I'm not loafing--I work so fast I'm always finished.

On 1/4/2006 8:59:22 PM, ruth strackbein (ruthstrackb...@hotmail.com)