They were making honeycombs out of my rafters too.  I was told by clerk at Home
Depot to use WD-40 spray on the rafters and in their holes.  I did.  They
left!!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: marmar...@aol.com
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 1:01 PM
  Subject: CS>Wood Bees

  In a message dated 3/14/06 7:14:42 AM Central Standard Time,
odecoy...@alltel.net writes:

      Places I've seen that had exposed rafters and 3/4 facia board on the ends
    suffer massive damage to the facia and none to the rafters.

  Ours seem to like the rafters too.  I don't know when these things propogate,
but between last spring and this spring, we have had the house and garage
resided with boxed in eaves and soffits, and new metal roofs.  If the bad-bees
laid eggs last year that would hatch this year, those new-bees are gonna be
reeeeeel frustrated -- and contained.  This won't do a thing to help the garden
shed, the tractor shed or the horse barn, but I'll feel a little bit better
anyway.  MA