" The Red Cross via Mrs Bush was telling people to donate vast
amounts of blood, would it be badly needed.  What was said was that it
could be frozen.  Immediately called a doctor friend to verify that some
new blood process was not on the market."

Actually, I believe the plasma (serum, or liquid part of blood with blood
cells and maybe platelets filtered out) can be frozen up to a year. So not
some vampiric feast, as intimated...

There exists a law, not written down...but inborn in our hearts;
a law which comes to us...from nature itself...
not from theory but from practice, not by instruction
but by natural intuition.
I refer to the law which lays it down that, if our lives are endangered...
any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right.
-  Cicero

Mark S Siepak