Marshall
The itch I suspect comes from the fact that dMSO is a bit drying to
the skin.
The oily layer means you used a generous amount.
It will finally absorb.

Suggest you dilute your DMSO to about 30% (using your CS is fine).
You'll find you personal sensitivity level by experiment.

                                                        Chuck
if it really is going to be the end of the world I hope they cover it
on CNN so I can record it

                                                Chuck