I am not quite sure of the oily layer. My experience with DMSO has been a warming sensation upon application to skin and at times a little ichy or even burning depending on how much I applied and where on the body. It has a slight odor..it does get absorbed rather quickly on the body from my experience. However, if you've applied a rather large amount I would suspect it staying on the surface much longer. There need not be a thick coat for application. A thin coat on the required area is all that is needed. Remember, DMSO is just a transporter to whatever you add to it. :-)

Hope this helps.

Ernie

From: Marshall Dudley <mdud...@king-cart.com>
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: CS>DMSO
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 13:52:07 -0400

I just found, and bought a bottle of DMSO from the health food store. I mixed it with 50% 20 ppm CS (and it got warm as expected), and put some on a sholder joint that has been giving me trouble. I was expecting to taste it within seconds. However, I never tasted anything. I tried smelling it, and it does have a slight order, but not strong like I had expected. Anyway, after applying it to the skin, I was expecting it to be absorbed, like water on a sponge. But instead it seems to simply have formed an oily layer on the skin. Now after about 5 minutes, it is starting to itch.

Anyone have any experience or comments on this, or what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,

Marshall