Couldn't you hook up (3) 6v batteries in series ( + of one to - of next,
last two to electrodes - one from first battery, one from last battery) to
get 18v, as I do with 9v batteries (I use 3, because I am getting the last
drops of electricity out of the ones from toys, smoke detectors, etc)
Mark S. Siepak