From: "Acmeair" <res00...@verizon.net>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 16, 2006 3:42 PM
Subject: Re: CS>Dupuytren's Contracture

         ------------------------ part of message 18921-----------------

"Dupuytren's contracture" and "Peyronie's disease" are two
"fibrotic" conditions that can be helped considerably by
SSKI. In Dupuytren's contracture, thickening (fibrosis)
occurs along one of the tendons in the palm in the hand,
pulling the related finger down towards the palm. As the
problem progresses, the finger often can't be straightened
any more.

In Peyronie's disease, a very similar thickening occurs
along the shaft of the penis, making erections increasing
"curved" and painful. In both cases, rubbing SSKI into the
thickened tissue at least twice daily softens and lessens
the fibrotic area over a period of several months, allowing
for more normal function.

For these conditions, it's additionally helpful to take
para-aminobenzoic acid (PABA) 2 grams, three times daily,
and to rub a mixture of Vitamin E and DMSO into the
thickened areas, also. However, if "caught early", SSKI
alone will often "do the job". (It's also advisable to have
glucose-insulin tolerance test done, as there's an unusually
high incidence of "insulin resistance" in people with
Dupuytren's contracture or Peyronie's disease.

"Keloids" are abnormally thick scars, sometimes as much as
an inch thick, that can form after injury. Although anyone
can get a keloid, they're more common among blacks than
other ethnic groups. Rubbing SSKI into a keloid at least
twice daily will ultimately flatten them down to a "normal
scar", but it can take many months to a year for
particularly bad ones. The treatment goes faster if SSKI is
mixed "50-50" with DMSO.

Bill Missett wrote:

Jim,

Thanks for the advice, but that ain't me, babe. I stopped smoking cigarettes in 1978, stopped drinking (again) earlier this year, and I have taken megadoses of vitamins for decades. (Right now a max dosage multiple vit/min., plus 1g C, 500mg magnesium daily plus others.)

I don't know what resource you researched, but none of what you say is correct. DC is an inherited condition, through the mother (she has it) to male heirs only (2 brothers do too), of predominantly northern European descent (we're Irish). I also have used my hands a lot, since I'm a lifelong daily journalist/writer.

The surgery technique is brutal, essentially ripping the palms and fingers open and stripping off the fibrous tumors, and then stitching it back up. Takes many months for full restoration of use. HOWEVER, there are several doctors in the U.S. who have learned a relatively new French technique which is done as outpatient office procedures. The doctor I'm seeing is in Idaho, an ER surgeon, and he was a DC victim who found this French technique. It's done with local anesthetic and reportedly has little down time. It will be a $2500 office visit.

That said, I'd still like to do it by taking potassium magnesium, and vit. c, or anything else for that matter, which might preclude surgery from being a necessity, which it is fast approaching. CS doesn't help. (Mandatory CS reference.)

Bill

----- Original Message ----- From: "Acmeair" <res00...@verizon.net>