Hi Linda, I have the same questions you do about colonics. My chiropractor is recommending a colon cleanse that involves a trip to a town some 40-50 miles away. The people there would run water through my large and small intestines continuously for a certain amt. of time. The water could be mixed with a variety of medications. This treatment costs from 2-3 hundred dollars a round. Now of course, at present, I suppose I may be carrying around quite a lot of gunk in there, 78 years worth. I have had 3 colonoscopies in the last ten or so years and the doctor each time declared my lower colon "whistle clean" . One of my sons and his wife visited me recently and said they were doing colon cleanses with some preparations they bought for $70 each. And they told me that initially they did pass dark gunky stuff. My wonderment is if the gunky stuff could have come from something in the medication. I will wait for further notes as to their health after completing the treatment. There are enough anatomical problems with my colon to make me wonder about the wisdom of pursuing either of the preceding courses of action.. Ruth

From Ruth Strackbein

From: Linda Ellis <lellis4...@sbcglobal.net>
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: CS>Health-related, but not CS
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 05:50:41 -0700 (PDT)

I'm trying to resolve a conflict in my mind, and it occurs to me that the excellent minds in this
group might have the answers....

When we talk about colon cleanses, I keep hearing or reading about all the gunk that is impacted into the colon, causing all kinds of health problems. There's even a guy on late-night TV around here selling "The Almighty Cleanse" who shows pictures of what this stuff impacting the colon looks like, and he claims that John Wayne's autopsy showed he had 40 pounds of gunk in his colon.

Okay, the logic problem I have here is, I had a colonoscopy done last year, and I was awake and watching the monitor with the doctor. I had, of course, done the epsom salt thing the night before to clean things out. I didn't see any gunk stuck to the lining of my colon.

Is it really possible that I have this rubber tire stuff further up my in my intestinal system,
and that none of it is in the lower part that can be viewed by colonoscopy?

I'm working with a Naturopath right now, and she has recommended that I take a product called OxyCleanse for a while. I'm happy to do that. It just defies logic to me that the bottom of my colon can be cleaned out so quickly with just that drink the doctor had me take the night before the colonoscopy, but the stuff further upstream hasn't been moved by the same stuff.....

BTW, I have pretty regular bowel movements, once or twice a day. They are light brown in color,
do not float, are not hard to expel, and seem to have decent "girth."

The reason I'm working with the Naturopath is to get rid of about 80 pounds of extra weight and get my blood pressure down with natural means. I've tried adding Magnesium and Calcium, but I have been unsuccessful on my own, so I thought I'd enlist the aid of a pro....

Thanks for any input anybody would care to share....and I'm happy to move to OT if this becomes a
big discussion.

Linda